As you know pet adoption is a cause very close to my master and me. I consider myself to be a very fortunate preppy cat to have such a wonderful forever home to call my own.
- A cat bed: A basket is essential for a cat. Soft fabric is the best kind we don’t want it to be too thickly padded.
- A blanket: If it gets cold we can use this in our basket
- Litterbox: My personal favorite is an enclosed litterbox this way your cat has some privacy. Be sure to place the litterbox in a quite location and that your cat always has access to it.
- Litter for the litterbox
- Climbing tree and scratching post: If your cat is like Kona wrecks things a scratching post and climbing tree may save your furniture. When we scratch an item whether its a climbing tree, scratching post or furniture we peel the outer layer from our retractile claws. We also mark the scent glands on the underside of off our front paws.
- Food and water bowls
- Cat food: Talk to the shelter about what your cat has been eating. If you make any changes be sure to do this gradually so your cat doesn’t get an upset tummy.
- Toys: We need to be kept amused especially if you are only cat. Oh my life was so good when I was only cat. My personal favorites things to play with are toy mice and ping-pong balls. They are really great to chase, swat and stalk.
- Collar and Tag: A stylish cat collar with a tag, which has contact details of both your humans and vet on it, is a good idea especially if your cat is going to be an outdoor cat. Some collars come with a bell on it which can be a good way to help protect the wildlife.
- Cat nip: Because catnip is totally awesome yep!